The fresh and flavorful combination of avocado and ricotta cheese makes for a delicious morning—and a poached egg on top makes it even better.
|Country sourdough bread||2 slices|
|Large avocado||1 (pitted)|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||4 to 5 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1/2 to taste|
|White vinegar||1 tsp|
|Chopped parsley||1 tbsp|
coarse black pepper
|Extra virgin olive oil||To taste|
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the eggs (about 3 inches). Heat the water to a gentle simmer.
- Toast two slices of bread. (Artisan mode: 3 min.)
- While the bread is toasting, scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a small bowl. Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lemon and mash with a fork. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the white vinegar to the water in the saucepan. Crack the egg into a small dish and gently drop it into the simmering water. Poach about 4 minutes, or to taste.
- To assemble the toast, spread half of the avocado mixture on each piece of toast, add a layer of fresh ricotta, and place a poached egg on top.
- Sprinkle on chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle on olive oil. Accompany with sliced cherry tomatoes sautéd quickly with thyme and olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.