Toast with Fresh Jam
Golden brown toast and luscious, syrupy jam are a winning combination. Use freshly made jam packed with lots of whole fruit, and you have a truly special treat.
|2 slices, whole grain bread|
|7 oz (1/3 cups), strawberries|
|2.8 oz (2/5 cups), granulated sugar|
|0.4 oz salted butter|
*The amount of sugar should be about 40% of the amount of strawberry. Please use an enamel or stainless steel pan.
Ready in 30 min (from the time you begin cooking the strawberries)
- Wash and dry the strawberries and cut off the stems. (Weigh the strawberries after the stem ends are removed.)
- Put the strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice into a pan and mix. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- When the strawberries release liquid, start cooking the mixture over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring occasionally and skimming off foam.
- Continue stirring occasionally over medium-high heat. Simmer until the jam reaches the desired thickness.
- Toast the bread to a golden brown on sandwich bread mode for 2.5 to 3.5 minutes. Spread the butter on the toast, then the jam.
* Recommended thickness of the bread: about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick.
* For bread that is over 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick, artisan bread mode (2.5 to 3.5 min.) is recommended.