Toast with Fresh Jam
Golden brown toast and luscious, syrupy jam are a winning combination. Use freshly made jam packed with lots of whole fruit, and you have a truly special treat.
|Whole grain bread||2 slices|
|Strawberries||200 g [1.3 cups]|
|Granulated sugar||80 g [2/5 cups]|
|Butter||10 g [3/4 tbsp]|
*The sugar amount should be about 40% of the strawberry amount. Please use an enamel or stainless steel pan.
Cooking time: 30 minutes (from the time you begin cooking the strawberries)
- Wash and dry the strawberries and cut off the stems. (Weigh the strawberries after the stem ends are removed.)
- Put the strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice into a pan and mix them. Set aside 30 minutes to overnight.
- When the strawberries release liquid, start cooking the mixture over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring occasionally and skimming off excess scum.
- Continue stirring occasionally over medium-high heat. Simmer until the jam reaches the desired thickness.
- Toast the bread to a golden brown. Butter the toast, then top with the jam. (Sandwich Bread Mode: 2.5 to 3.5 min.)
* Recommended thickness of the bread: about ¾ inch [2 cm] thick.
* For bread that is over ¾ inch [2 cm] thick, Artisan Bread Mode (2.5 to 3.5 min.) is recommended.