Spooky Fig Brownies
Just in time for Halloween, these scrumptious brownies are almost too cute to eat!
The walnuts and figs provide a unique and hearty twist to an otherwise traditional treat.
For 1 baking pan
|1 cup bittersweet chocolate|
|2 7/8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup walnuts|
|1/2 cup dried figs|
|Bittersweet chocolate chips for decoration|
Ready in 40 minutes (cooling time not included)
- Place a bowl in a pan filled with hot water. Put chocolate and butter in the bowl to melt. Stir for a smooth, consistent texture.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a whisk. Add in the cane sugar and milk to the egg mix and combine well.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter combination to the mix from #2 and mix. Sift flour and baking powder into the same bowl and mix everything together until there are no lumps.
- Add in the walnuts and figs and fold the mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan coated with oil, smooth the surface, and bake at 350℉ for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Place the baking pan on a cake cooler and put the marshmallows on top of the brownie one by one, evenly spaced apart. When the bottom of the marshmallows start melting, push them down softly to adjust the form. Leave them to cool.
*If you want to make the marshmallows drip, cool the brownies, cut and then reheat them before putting the marshmallows on top.