Homemade Apple Turnover With Vanilla Ice Cream
This apple turnover can be easily made using BALMUDA The Toaster -- no preheat necessary! Experience a crisp, golden crust and soft, melted apples. Make sure to enjoy this freshly made hot pastry with cold vanilla ice cream.
|1/4 cup granulated sugar|
|3 tbsp water|
|1/3 vanilla bean|
|2 frozen pie sheets|
|1 egg yolk|
|Vanilla ice cream|
Ready in 30 minutes
- Peel an apple and cut into 0.5 inch cubes. Place in a pot on the stove.
- Add granulated sugar, water, lemon, and vanilla bean pod to the apple cubes and let sit for 15 minutes. Mix well.
- Cook the apple mixture over medium heat until all liquid is dissolved, then leave to cool.
- Die-cut the pie sheet with a cutter. (Diameter about 5 inches).
- Place about 1 tsp of cooked apple mixture on each sheet and brush the edges with egg yolk.
- Fold in half from the front to the back, press the edges lightly, brush the surface with egg yolk, and score the surface with a knife.
- Place the pies in the toaster on a baking pan and bake at 400°F on Oven Mode for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the pan and bake in Pastry Mode for 6 minutes.
Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.