Ham and Cheese Toast
Salty ham and rich, fluffy melted cheese combine beautifully with perfectly grilled, tender-crisp toast. The tanginess of whole grain mustard and the sweetness of onion make this dish even more delicious.
|Sandwich bread||2 slices|
|Sliced ham||50 g [3 or 4 slices]|
|Grated cheese (pizza type)||60 g [½ cup]|
|Whole grain mustard||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||To taste|
*Recommended thickness of the bread: about ½ inch [1.5 cm ] thick.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Spread mustard on one side of each bread slice.
- Add sliced ham, onion, and cheese in that order.
- Grill  in the toaster until browned. (Pizza Mode: 4 to 5 min.)
- Remove from the toaster and sprinkle on black pepper.