Roasted Pork and Watercress Sandwich
An energizing sandwich combining slow-roasted pork and bitter watercress in between two slices of toasted bread. Stack the slices of bread on top of each other when toasting to experience a contrast of crispy outside and soft inside.
|4 slices of bread|
|1 bunch of watercress|
|1/4 red onion|
|4 pieces of thinly sliced pork loin|
|1 tbsp powdered cheese|
|2 tbsp flour|
|1 garlic clove|
|1 tbsp mayonnaise|
|1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 tsp lemon juice|
|0.35 oz butter (enough to spread on each slice)|
Ready in 20 minutes
- Remove the tough parts of the watercress and slice the red onion and garlic.
- Mix the mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Season the pork loin slices with salt and pepper. Mix together the cheese powder and flour and sprinkle over the pork loin slices.
- Toast the two slices of bread together on Sandwich Bread Mode for 3 - 3.5 minutes until the outside is golden brown.
- While toasting, grill the pork loin. Put the salad oil and garlic in a frying pan and fry over low heat until the garlic is fragrant. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the pork loin. Grill until both sides are browned while making sure the garlic is not burnt.
- Spread butter on the inside of each piece of grilled toast, layer the pork loin, onion and watercress (in that order) and top with the mix from Step 2 to complete the sandwich.